Wednesday, August 14, 2013

bamboo hunting...

the story of the me...
in preparation for Hari Raya...

Hari Raya this time, is still in a harmonious way, where my family and i gathered in a sweet and cosy place name home... all this while, i've never been to any 'jungle' in search for buluh lemang..and i never ever had any thought of finding them on my own..well, the story of the me now is about "mencari buluh lemang"

senang je klu beli... tapi mahal and saiz die tak berape nak suke dek hati~
saje nak rhyme juga even dengan just 'i'...

startled of an abrupt knock on my window, i waked my brother up for he's the one who is supposed to go for the hunting..but later then, i decided to follow him as well.. dressed as fast as i could, i carried the short saw which appeared to be as blunt as it could be, and two plastic bags for we have no sack at all..

and the journey begins...
the road was wet, the soil was red and muddy..but the air sure was fresh.. there was 6 of us, including my aunt and her children, we went through her orchard straight to where the bamboo is... the feeling,sure is like having a jungle trekking... the mosquitoes were having a feast on our blood that day..argh! but the real hunters (my aunt) did bring the mosquito coil and ahh,,that was sort of a saviour to us...

without any knowledge of finding what kind of bamboo is suitable for the lemang making, observant enough i was, given the easiest task, which is to remove the 'miang buluh' using the machete, and that too was borrowed from the others... without any gloves, i find that there's a lot of tiny little things stick on my hand and, it was very incomfortable to me... and, then only my aunt gave me her gloves, (just one) to cover my one hand, i used it for my left hand...

i still don't know how they choose the bamboo, and i realise that to cut them out, isn't as easy as it seems, we must look at which one is the root and the shoot of the bamboo cut. My brother din know that, and he cut them wrongly...

after that, we went back, tired but happy...(a usual ending for a primary 6 essay)

and, we went home, washed the bamboo and let them dry..the size suits the desire of the person who will be preparing the lemang before the 'bakaring' process....

end of the story...
finding the buluh lemang, sure is one great experience for Hari Raya celebration...weehoo!


ehsan makcik gugel...(kitorang tak dan nak snap sbb tak bwk kamera)

p/s: raya tahun ni ada pelita.. alhamdulillah, ada kelainannya~ haha...


2 comments:

  1. selamat hari raya nani! gigihnyaaa cari buluh lemangggg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. harusla gigih...hihi..klu tak, tak melemang kami~ lalala

      Delete